Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves? Why do we compare ourselves to others or degrade our own imperfections? How do we get rid of the negative self-doubt and allow our happiness to shine?
It is never too late to become the man or woman you truly are. We don’t need to be better or do better… we just need to accept ourselves and learn that we are lovable.
We can be our own worst enemy. I wish I knew 20 years ago, what I know now. I would have saved myself a lot of needless worry and found my true inner happiness much sooner in life. To learn how to love yourself is a self-healing process that only we can do for ourselves. You are worth it!
- Embrace Your Strengths – Acknowledge and embrace your unique strengths. Trust that you do have good qualities and you are good at something.
- Feel Worthiness – Treat yourself like you are an important person, worthy of love & respect. It will become more natural and habit-forming.
- Be Compassionate – When you notice that you are judging yourself, stop, and think of yourself like you would your friend, and tell yourself something compassionate instead. Speak to yourself in a way that you would speak to someone you love.
- Embrace Your Dark Side – Accept and acknowledge that we all have a dark side that will surface sometimes. It is human nature to show all feelings and emotions. It is OK to feel the emotion but then learn the lesson and let it go.
- Accept Your Imperfections – It is our imperfections that make us special and unique. Nobody is perfect. Flaws and imperfections make us who we are and they don’t make you any less of a person.
- Like Your Reflection – Learn to look in the mirror and see the things you do like. Your makeup may not be perfect, but your hair looks good today.
- Accept Your Weaknesses – We all have weaknesses, you can acknowledge them without allowing them to rule your life with self-doubt.
- Let Go of Regret – You can think about the past but don’t let it overwhelm you. If there is a lesson to be learned or an apology needed, so be it. Forgive yourself.
- Accept Compliments – Say thank you instead of shying away from a compliment. Own your positive traits and be proud.
- Enjoy Your Success – Step back and enjoy your accomplishments, even those little things in every day life. You prepared a lovely meal tonight!
- Support & Share – Be around people that practice positivity, so you can stop the negative self-talk. Embrace and share your strengths with others.
- Express Gratitude – Share your sincere appreciation for those around you. People may not remember everything you say and do, but they will remember how you made them feel.
Like “most” of yourself, as much as you can. We may not get to 100% self-satisfaction, but aim for it… and be content with where you are and the changes you have made.
You have the power to improve your life and you deserve true happiness. Treat yourself like someone worthy of love, respect and compassion, and your life will be joyful.
The most beautiful thing is when we realise how imperfectly perfect we really are. Then we will be open for the love and life flowing around us. The secret in learning to love yourself, is learning to see who you really are and accepting yourself with gratitude.
Take care, Karen.
“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
~ Oscar Wilde